Topeka Gives was created in 2013 as a one-time “match day.” The goals of the event were to:
- Celebrate the Foundation’s 30th anniversary with the community
- Encourage charitable giving – central to the community foundation mission
- Provide an opportunity for everyone to experience the joy of charitable giving
Because of the popularity of the event and the positive exposure it created for the Foundation, the event continued and grew each year. In order to manage expectations (of the community, the nonprofit organizations and Foundation staff and board) the event goals and strategies to achieve those goals have been revised as follows:
Topeka Gives 2017 Goals:
- Donate: Increase charitable giving in the community
- Educate: Provide an opportunity for the community to learn more about the programs/services available through Shawnee County nonprofit organizations
- Communicate & Collaborate: Provide a platform through which nonprofit organizations can engage in dialogue regarding shared and/or complimentary interests, missions, programs, services, donors, vendors and customers
How will my gift be matched?
Through Topeka Gives, the Topeka Community Foundation is offering an $83,250.00 pro-rated match and NOT a dollar-for-dollar match … The match percentage will be calculated as follows: $83,250.00/Total Gifts Raised = Match Percentage for each gift. 100% of your gift plus the Foundation’s match will be passed on to the organization(s) you select on your contribution form.
Is there a minimum or maximum donation amount?
There is a $25 minimum gift. While there is no maximum gift amount … The maximum amount to be matched per donor will be $1,000/organization with a five organization maximum. There also is a limit of 5 agencies per donor contribution.
To whom should my check be made payable?
Checks should be made payable to the Topeka Community Foundation and should accompany a contribution form outlining the nonprofit organization(s) being credited with your contribution. Forms will be available on the Foundation’s website at www.topekacommunityfoundation.org and will be provided at the event.